Dicor Fiberglass Clean & Prep is designed for use on fiberglass RV roofs prior to coating the roof with Dicor Fiberglass Roof Coating. It is specifically formulated to remove oils, road grit and other contaminants and to enhance the adhesion of the roof coating. Not recommended for EPDM RUBBER OR TPO ROOFING.
• Fast acting Formula
• Ensures Proper adhesion
• Removes Contaminates
• Cleans Wax and Road Grit
• Use on Polyester or Vinylester gelcoats
• Easy to apply
• Will not Harm Plants
It is recommended to cover the front, sides and rear of the RV with plastic prior to using all roof cleaners and surface treatments in order to avoid streaks and protect against possible damage to expensive graphics and paint. Remove all loose dirt, oil, rust, chalk, mildew, loose coating or other contaminants, which would prevent maximum adhesion of the fresh coating.
- Using a stiff bristle roof brush, scrub roof with detergent and water to remove all dirt and other contaminates . Remove all mildew using an approved mildew remover or Clorox and water. Avoid getting any mildew remover on the sides of the RV.
- Using a pump sprayer, apply the Dicor RV Fiberglass Clean & Prep and scrub with a heavy bristle roof brush. Rinse with water and let dry. CAUTION: ROOF WILL BE SLIPPERY CAUSED BY THE CLEANING AGENTS IN THE DICOR CLEAN & PREP. Start at one end of the roof and work in 4′ x 4′ sections backwards to the opposite end. Periodically twist your toe on the roof following rinsing to insure that all slippery residue has been removed.
- Degloss fiberglass surface by rubbing with fine steel wool or sandpaper to create an abraded surface to which the roof coating will adhere. A rubber or other protective glove is recommended. Avoid direct hand contact with fiberglass. Rewash with Dicor Fiberglass Clean & Prep to remove the powder caused by deglossing.
- Seal all fasteners and around all roof protrusions and vent mountings (vents, lander stanchions, etc.) with Dicor Lap Sealant. Seal all joints and roof seams with Dicor Coating Ready Cover Tape prior to applying coating. It is recommended to cover and protect the exterior sidewalls as well as front and rear caps of the RV with plastic sheeting to avoid the Clean & Prep effecting surfaces other than the roof. If Clean & Prep comes in contact with any surface other than the roof, wash it off immediately.
WARNING! If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE.
Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or log on to www.epa.gov/lead.
- Do not take internally
- Close containter after each use
- Use with adequate ventilation
- Use protective clothing to avoid contact with fiberglass, skin or eyes
- keep away from children
- Do not allow product to freeze
FOR TRANSPORTATION EMERGENCIES CALL CHEMTREC: 800-424-9300
Click here for downloadable MSDS sheet for Dicor’s Fiberglass Clean & Prep.